Black Friday offer: 10% off Interrail Passes + FREE Plus for a 100% refundable purchase until 30 November. Buy now →
If you have an Interrail Pass, you can make your seat reservations through us. Please answer the questions below to start booking your reservations:
All about reservations
Reserve your seats through the Interrail.eu Self-Service:
Our Self-Service lets you make reservations for many trains in Europe. Exceptions are the Baltic countries, Bosnia Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Greece, Ireland, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Portugal, Serbia, Spain, Turkey and the UK (except for Eurostar trains).
- E-ticket reservations can be booked up to 3 hours before the train's departure.
- Paper ticket reservations have to be booked at least 6 days before the train's departure.
When a train can't be booked through our self-service, you can find alternative ways to book your reservations here.
About reservation fees
A train reservation consists of two different fees - a train reservation fee and a booking fee. We'll explain both fees below:
- The train reservation fee. Prices vary depending on the train. See the full list of train reservation fees.
- The booking fee. When you book through our Self-Service this is 2 euros per traveller, per train.
- For reservations that are only offered as a physical (paper) ticket there is also a shipping fee. This fee is €9 per order (registered mail).
Example: These are the costs for a 1st class reservation for 2 travellers on the Thalys high-speed train from Paris to Amsterdam: 2x € 2 booking fee + 2 x € 35 train reservation fee.
Booking a seat directly from carriers with a mobile Pass
It's possible to reserve seats directly with our member railways. Each of our 33 members has a different system in place for this. For example, you can almost always book your seats at the station, but some railways also have an online system in place for this.
Check our reservations page for more information, or get in touch with our Customer Service for any other questions you may have regarding seat reservations.