Thello Night and Day Trains
Travel from France to Italy with Thello, a fast day train that takes you all the way from Marseille to Milan.
Thello train routes
The comfortable Thello trains run between Marseille and Milan.
Along the way you'll have beautiful views on the Mediterranean sea and the north of Italy.
Please note that you can only travel internationally on this train with a Eurail Global Pass.
The Thello runs on the following route:
- Marseille - Milan
For the Thello train, it's recommended to book your seat in advance for a fee of €3 for both first and second class. Reservations can be made up to 6 months in advance.
How to make reservations for the Thello train
You can reserve your seat on Thello trains through:
- The Thello Boutiques (sale points) at:
- Paris Gare de Lyon (12 Place Louis-Armand Hall 1 Tour l’Horloge - 75012 Paris). This Thello boutique is temporarily closed.
- Nice-Ville station (12 Avenue Thiers - 06000 Nice). This Thello boutique will close at the end of the year.
- Trenitalia international ticket counters in the major stations in Italy
- All Trenitalia Aid Offices in Italy
- A selection of travel agencies in Italy and around the world.
Facilities and services
- Air conditioning
- Coffee bar
- Disabled facilities
- Power sockets
Facilities may differ per train and route.